here’s how my valentine’s day went. don’t worry, it has a good ending.
- all the ecards i sent mary so she’d have pick-me-ups during the day…she didn’t look at them.
- the meatballs Mary asked me to make did not have a clear demarcation between the meat balls and the sauce, so as directed i mixed all ingredients, including 3 1/2 c. broth. it turned into a soup that no one could have balled it.
- the chocolate i used for dipping melted thicker than a milkshake. to get the chocolate dippable, i added oil, lots of oil.
- don’t dip banana slices. the are hard to dry,(chocolate sticking problem) hard to hold and dip(bananas breaking and falling apart).
- the fresh mandarin oranges slices kind of work except they were small and the wedge shape made them hard to grip.
- the strawberries mostly turned out, except…
- remember the part of lots of oil. while oil got the chocolate to flow, the chocolate wouldn’t set. i had a tray of chocolate blobs with a piece of fruit in the middle.
- the beef wellington turned out beautifully!
btw, i was able to laugh most of the day and more as it went on. i mean, what else could go wrong. well, at least not the wellington. oh, in my defense, i served the wellington with fresh vegetables and brussel sprouts. i didn’t screw those up, either. 🙂
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ from Mary. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ from me.
well at least the entire day wasn’t an total unmitigated disaster or a total fiasco, wasn’t even close.🤣
Below are the dozen roses gave me-in the form of red velvet rose 🌹 cupcake.
no time to rest on my laurels. Mary’s birthday is on the 19th. I hope just half of everything falls apart. that would be a real improvement. and whether it does or doesn’t, i hope i can laugh through it all.