this a follow-up with my recent and seeming problems with bupropion.
i talked to the pharmacist on my side effects that were happening. she said the 150 mg probably had a different manufacturer as when compared to the 300 mg. theoretically, different. manufacturers would have the same formulation. my bodily experience says that isn’t true. I had taken the two different meds and asked to check her meds book to verify they were different manufacturers and she kindly refused.
She had the power and agreed to rework the script to be 2x150mg for the rest of the script. i’ll talk to my doc to make sure she requests 2x150mg in the future, also. the pharmacist stated that sometimes the insurance company, since they are suppose to be the same formulation, will require the use of a single pill vs 2 half dose pills, without regards to manufacturer. i hope my insurance company doesn’t raise a stink about. my insurance is so crappy, i believe i’m paying full prize anyway.
you may not know that every prescription medication has some marking on tablets, capsules or caplets to make it possible to recognize them by site. when i got home, i checked the two different dosages and this is what I found.
designation — manufacturer — dosage
A 101 — teva pharmaceuticals usa inc — 150 mg
A 102 — anchen pharmaceuticals inc— 300 mg
The information proves, that indeed, the two different dosages have different manufacturers.
Mary came home with my script. I asked her to check the identifying mark, A 102. wtf! off to the a pharmacy. i talked to another pharmacist since i use a large pharmacy. i told her my story and said i wanted 2×150. she said she was there when it got filled, she asked around if anyone knew the reason for 2×150. When no one knew she filled the script as 1×300. she finally filled it as written and I was on my way. i guess from now on when i pick up my script, i’ll have to double check to make sure i’m getting 150’s.
so, i hope this serves as a warning with a change in manufacturers with your prescription.