since I started taking bupropion, i’ve always taken a multiple of 150 mg tablets. here’s a quick rundown.
- started at 150 mg
- moved to 300 mg
- tried 600 mg- side effects that I don’t recall
- back to 300 mg
- tried 450 mg– good results but i couldn’t stand the constant headaches and ear ringing.
- back to 300 mg.
- fast forward to about a week ago- i felt like i had some depression slippage going on.
- fast forward to three days ago- i had a headache that wouldn’t go away. I just attributed it to something going on that would go away. it hasn’t.
- fast forward to last night- i noticed i had ringing in my ears.
have headache & ear ringing happened before? well, yes it has when i tried 450 mg of bupropion. suddenly it appears i am having a side effects at a 300 mg dosage witch the bupropion that I never experienced before.
the next question would be, “well, has anything changed?” the answer would be no – but – yes. i know that sounds confusing. let me explain.
last time i got my script filled, i got 300 mg tablets instead of 150 mg. 2- 150 mg tablets would equal 1- 300 mg tablet, no biggie. or so you thing.
i started taking the 300 mg tablets 11 days ago. i know, i counted. 19 pills left from the 30 I got. (i know it may be tough math, but stick with me. I’m pretty sure 30-19 is 11. feel free to check my work.) since then, I have felt slightly more depressed, had continual headaches kick in, and ear ringing that won’t stop. sounds like side effects to me. so, something is going on, i don’t know what.
i will talk to my pharmacist today. thankfully, i still have a few of the 150’s around. part of me hopes the manufacturer changed. since they are generic and this is treating a mood imbalance that might not be the best thing. i’ve heard sometimes a switch in generics are enough to through things off. it also could be my math is off and 150 + 150 does not equal 300. guess i’ll find out tonight and report my findings to you.
signing off for now with headaches, ear ringing and a slightly depress mood.