calling all insomniacs. you know who you are. want to fall asleep more quickly?
there is a new technique that is suppose to be super relaxing and let you get to sleep rather quickly. the answer lay in a new breathing technique called 4-7-8. it’s pretty easy. here is how to do it.
- put your tongue on the back of the top teeth and keep it there through the entire exercise.
- breathe in through your nose for a count of 4.
- hold your breathe for a count of 7.
- breathe out through your mouth making a wooshing sound for a count of 8.
- do this for a total of 4 times.
I bet you figured out where the 4-7-8 comes from.
so, the next time you’re trying to get to sleep or just need to relax, give it a try. my wife must do this on a regular bases since she can fall asleep anywhere. 🙂 she even fell asleep once in church…while standing up!
give it a try and let me know if it works for you.